Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Tiny-Print Pleated Shorts

When I'm at the mall and bored and the cash in my pocket could barely afford an undershirt at Zara, I hit the fabric store and purchase a yard or two of those fabrics that speak to me.  Long story short, I picked up a yard and a half of this plum cotton fabric decked with a tiny geometric print a couple of weeks ago, and now it's turned into a pair of great-fitting pleated shorts courtesy of my fantastic tailor.

the tiny-print pleated shorts in plum

close-up of the pattern and the marbled button

Now, I'm not going to take full credit for the design of this piece, I may have been inspired by a pair of Dries Van Noten shorts at Browns

but the fabric choice was 100% me!  I did print out a picture of these shorts for the tailor to base the design of mine on.  I know I say this a lot, but when having things tailored, having a clear, detailed visual peg is most helpful.  So here they are worn:

straw fedora, vintage bowtie from Paris, Cheap Monday button-down, pleated shorts, Casio watch, Paul Smith shoes

sans hat

Paul Smith sneaker-brogues with frayed edges

7 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

this is just amazing, you have done it again! but honestly, does your tailor charge alot to recreate this pieces? when i was a design college i just to try and recreate stuff but it was terrible when put next to these beauties.

Matthew Spade said...

oh and your blog is my new favourite!

PinkBow said...

beautiful fabric

Isabel said...

You always seem to have the most fantastic shoes!

fred said...

Great great Iz!

Anonymous said...

apologies for being distracted from your success but i could look at those eyelets all day.

james v. said...

Nice shorts, the print is just perfect. I love the shoes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails