Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pudel Fall/Winter 2009/10 Men

My love affair with designer lookbooks continues.  An avid fashion buff might view most lookbooks and online boutique product shots (those styled on a model) as watered-down versions of the more conceptual looks seen on the runway and on editorials.  I, however, see them as straight-to-the-point instructionals on new ways of getting dressed in the morning.  

Pudel, you had me at the zip-front boots

The Fall/Winter 2009/10 lookbook of British label Pudel caught my eye not for being particularly groundbreaking or directional.  In fact it was very much middle-ground, but in a good way: more golden mean than mediocre.  The overall looks were subtle without being boring, the clothes conceptual without being gimmicky, and the styling was dark without being too goth-ninja which I think is getting more and more overplayed.  

He wears the long shirt so well.

The palette of dark grays + aged, dirtied colors is really fresh again.

Check out what seems to be a waxed lapel-less peacoat on the right.

The v-shaped bangs are something worth trying.

oversize skinny band-collar shirt

I like how the jeans are bleached only on a portion up top, a good exercise in restraint.


P.S. How long has Pudel been around and why haven't I heard about it?  Do you guys know anything about it?  Do share.

3 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

i've never heard of it and its british you say. yeah really into this, your description is spot on. it's understated but also eyecatching in a really low-key way. sort of reminds me of some of aprill77s recent collections with the muted greys/greens/blues and check. and those jeans,what a cool idea.

Isabel said...

No, I've never heard of Pudel before but I'm glad I have now!

That is one good looking boy.

Anonymous said...

i have very mild v-shaped bangs and i highly recommend them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails