Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Pocket-Stuffer

Sometimes the most insignificant element in an outfit could be the one that brings it to life.  What is a pocket square anyways but a vestige of the old practice of displaying one's wiping-cloth?  Nobody really uses a pocket square as a handkerchief nowadays; like the neck tie, it's purely decorative.  

Ray-Ban wayfarers, Hugo Boss shirt, tailor-made shawl-lapel jacket, vintage silk scarf worn as pocket square, DOM Christian Koban ring, Cheap Monday black jeans, The Kooples boots

close-up of the vintage silk scarf I got in the Marais

Since the rest of the outfit is rather trim and quiet, I decided to exaggerate the proportions of the pocket ornament a little bit, using a full-size silk scarf as a pocket square.  It does fold nicely into a pocket-stuffer, but, mind you, it is large enough to wear as a shawl.

The Kooples beige suede Santiags: I might just purchase another pair in black very soon.

I always feel good wearing these boots, partly due to the extra couple of inches they add to my height.  You know, a little heel is good for your feet and posture.  

8 comments:

Jolie Roux said...

Well it's nice to see a guy with some fashion since.
J freaking adore the jacket and shades...

JKISSI said...

Wow good post I guess great minds think alike because I was thinking of doing something similar. I have a bunch of vintage silk scarves I use as pocket squares too. Keep it up my brother.

Isabel said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog - do I even need to mention how much I love the shoes? No. You should know that already. ;)

You look amazing - so classy with the pocket handkerchief!

Emma Homestay Bandar Tasik Puteri said...

jolie boots!

Anonymous said...

yay you are posting entries more regulary! i hope you keep it this way! you've earned a following already.

- B

Matthew Spade said...

very nice indeed, i've taken to wearing one in my denim jacket pocket.

Unknown said...

That is an awesome pair of boots! I 've been looking for a pair of gaucho boots without being overtly Western and these are perfect! Do they have an on line shop?

Izzy said...

Stray: That's exactly what I like about them, that they aren't overly Western. Yes, they have an online store: http://www.thekooples.com but I'm afraid the boots aren't available anymore.

Related Posts with Thumbnails