Saturday, June 6, 2009

Big Bow Tie

Nothing says "The Dandy Project" better than an oversize velvet bow tie.  I got this one at a vintage shop in the Marais district in Paris.


vintage bowler hat, oversize velvet bow tie from Paris, Steven Alan reverse seam shirt in blue gingham, Casio watch, Margiela cuff, tailor-made skinnies, Swear shoes

This Steven Alan shirt has a twist on the placket, literally; it goes between the top and the second button.  It also features a hidden breast pocket sewn on the inside instead of outside.  

Sometimes the richest sartorial details are those that can barely be seen.  Then they become treasures nearly hidden from everybody's view, except yours, of course.  

7 comments:

PinkBow said...

great style

khaz said...

what a coincidence that you wrote about big bow ties. i posted a photo of myself on lookbook wearing an oversized bowtie. i have yet to post it on my blog though. love it

Anonymous said...

I like the polo! You have such simple yet interesting pieces! I like your style! I want to have it copied at Topper's in Katipunan!

BTW, will you be pursuing a career in fashion?

- B

fred said...

I looove shoes!

Isabel said...

Your brogues are awesome.

Brook and Lyn said...

I still adore bowties. But I'm still an idiot when it comes to tying them.

I think all men should wear bowties. I love love love the simplicity of this look. So put together.

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

I just realized I got myself the same shirt! Same exact shirt (same color too!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails