Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Lazy Suit

There is style in Singapore and it lives in the easy, minimal aesthetic of Sifr. I am completely smitten by their "lazy" series of pants, shorts, and a jacket, all in a comfortable rayon blend, which I have dubbed my "lazy suit" for spring 2012.

the Sifr lazy suit in khaki

I'm infatuated with the idea of stepping out of the house in last night's hair, the white t-shirt I wore to sleep, and slipping on the suede slippers that I wear around the house, looking all elegantly disheveled in my sweatsuit-comfy lazy suit.

the Sifr lazy suit in black

I plan on getting all three pieces---jacket, pants, and shorts---in their inky, near-black navy jersey, to wear as a pants suit, a shorts suit, and as separates.

Sifr lazy jacket in khaki and navy

Sifr lazy pants in khaki and navy

Sifr lazy shorts in khaki and navy

Sifr's Chris John Fussner and Suraj Melwani are inspired by the intricacy & finesse that goes into crafting iconic architecture, music, furniture, and art, and their attention to detail can be seen in the quiet details of this deceptively simple suit. Note the hidden zippers on the sides of the pants and the shorts, and the stitched permanent crease on both bottoms. Spring of 2012, please come soon as I am dying to live in my lazy suit.

Check out Sifr's current offerings here.

photos via Sifr

5 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

really nice idea, well sweeeeet

David Toms said...

Mmmmmm, I am a bit mixed on this one.

cjf said...

thanks for love izzy!

Anonymous said...

I like the light one!

chris Rg said...

Love your blog posts, they make us drool alot, in a good way of course, after spending years and years of frustrating clothes shopping trips, i now have an amazing husband who just goes and gets my clothes made for me, very fond of the odd sarong too, just one of the perks of living in bali. Keep posting, we love your blog x

Related Posts with Thumbnails