Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Suede and Sparkle

Suede and sparkle are two things I'd probably never get tired of; here comes another pair of shoes that helps fuel the addiction. A present of bead-encrusted suede loafers fell on my doorstep a couple of days ago, all the way from Italy. Rubina, daughter of Alberto Guardiani, had sent me a pair of the beaded suede Narciso shoes after I had sang their praises a few posts ago.

Alberto Guardiani beaded Narciso shoes, sitting on the ledge that doubles as a dining table in my New York-sized studio.

the black-on-black bugle beading, up close


Rubina had contacted me last month, hoping to take me out to coffee while she was in the city, to discuss fashion and social media and other things. But our schedules just didn’t mesh. Instead of coffee and conversation (which would have already been more than delightful), I received a new pair of shoes. Not bad at all. Rubina---grazie mille! Davvero apprezzo il tuo regalo.

The Alberto Guardiani online store went live a few days ago. Have a stroll and see what you like.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are fascinating! I'd love to see a finished outfit with these shoes. It would be nothing short of show-stopping, I'm sure.

The Gingham Cowboy
http://ginghamcowboy.blogspot.com/

Michele said...

Aren't you lucky! I really like them!

wobblinbetty said...

these babes are hot

Andrew said...

beautiful

Related Posts with Thumbnails