Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Project Accomplished: The Rose Gold Signet Pinky Ring

The rose gold signet pinky ring with pavé brown diamonds that I had custom-made is finished, and it's sending my heart a-flutter and my eyes a-twinkling with sparkle.

rose gold signet pinky ring with pavé brown diamonds by Lanero Fine Jewelry, co-designed by me

It all started when Steve of Style Salvage commissioned me to do a post on my jewelry collection only for me to find an accessories trunk filled with paste, plastic, and un-precious metal. I seemed to have a crazy bauble for every night of the month, but not one precious, self-expressive piece for everyday. That was when I started this little project of making an investment in gold.

After countless Skype conferences and e-mails back and forth between New York and Manila, Jane and Yen of Lanero delivered, and the result surpassed my expectations.

the ring up close: I was impressed with the craftsmanship of the stone setting. Rather than lining up the diamonds in a grid, which would be expected, they set the stones densely in concentric rounded squares, echoing the shape of the ring top, thus making for a more harmonious design.

I can't wait for the ring to get scuffed and sullied with everyday wear, the shiny sides of the ring almost matt-ified with scratches. Of the three common colors of gold (yellow, white, and rose), rose gold darkens the quickest, and I intend on keeping this patina and having it gradually build over time.

the gleaming shiny side



It sits perched on a speaker on top of my desk for now, and as I admire this ostentatiously dandy take on a classic piece of men's jewelry, I realize how the most beautiful things created are products of true and thorough collaboration.

Read the post on the ring's design and production here.

Lanero Jewelry
Unit 220, 2nd Flr. The Jewellery at Greenhills Shopping Center
San Juan City, Philippines
telephone: 632- 7235028
facsimile: 632-7236280
e-mail: lanerojew@yahoo.com.ph

photographs by Mikee Tuason

6 comments:

Michael said...

It's great to see the finished product! Nice job.

Justin said...

Awesome! The ring turned out perfectly. Your knack for putting your personal flair on whatever you do is constantly evident. Congratulations on a job well done.

Giancinephile said...

It's sooooo lovely! I hope I get to see it in person!!!! Hahahahahaahaha

Matthew Spade said...

looks so nice, great to see the final thing. it reminds me of a lot of the old chaps in our country, they seemed like quite a big thing back in the days after the ww2 ect.

Claire M. said...

I love the ring ;)

Claire M.

Noelle Chantal said...

Beautiful ring, Izzy! I love the shape and colour you picked. Yes, I agree with the perfect lining of the stones around the shape of the ring, gorgeous setting! Amazing design and taste as always. :)

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails