Monday, May 30, 2011

French Pressed

The Dandy Project was featured in the latest issue of Elle France and made an appearance on French television.

The Dandy Project in the May 2011 issue of French Elle

The French Elle feature was in the one with perennially chic Catherine Deneuve and daughter Chiara Mastroianni on the cover. Dear Mother, look her up; Mme. Deneuve's style is teeming with inspiration for your countless dinner party outfits!

photo courtesy of Pelayo Diaz

I had my friend Antoine translate the article for me via Facebook, and it says something like "male fashion bloggers are the new wave of fashion bloggers", and that The Dandy Project, alongside Kate Loves Me and Bryanboy.com were great examples of this.

The Dandy Project was also briefly the topic of conversation on a show called La Chronique Tendances de Daphné Bürki on French TV channel Canal Plus. I spent hours last night dissecting HTML, trying to embed the video on this site, but to no avail. I took some screenshots of the show, and you can just click here to view the page with the video.

French television fashion authority Daphné Bürki is quite the comic

and is, of course, very chicly put together. Look at that mountain-print leather-trimmed (?) armor-like over-blouse!

my fist's five seconds of fame


See the full video on Daphné Bürki's blog.

Today is an awesome day to be a blogger; I'm very, very grateful for the recognition received. With this, I'm nudging those who wish to start a blog, and those with blogs but are perhaps too busy or too lazy (or too crazy) to update them---put honest and original content out on the blogosphere, and they'd be nuts not to let your voice be heard.

A million thank you's to the Elle France team and to Daphné Bürki and the Canal Plus team for the mentions, and special thanks to Mikee and Wax for taking the photographs featured.

10 comments:

Michele said...

That is so awesome! Glad to see you get the recognition you deserve! :D

GS said...

Fantastic achievement, well done & it's very much deserved! I've not been following you long, but you're certainly an inspiration to myself & other "male Bloggers"!

Matthew Spade said...

amazing stuff, that is soooo good. you thee man!

Chase Dillon said...

Note taken, Izzy. You continue to inspire me, both stylistically and as a kick in the ass to not loose momentum with my blog. Thank you, and congratulations!

Andrew said...

congatulations Izzy, you deserve the world of success!!

Giancinephile said...

Nice one, Izzy!!!!

Style Anywhere said...

Congratulations!

mensfit said...

Even in this fly-by-night, 30 second etherworld you have proven that retaining personal style and continually seeking inspiration will inspire others...

Brandon said...

Oooh I had so much fun last night watching the video and not understanding french but nonetheless loving every second of it! You are tireless in the blogging world and a super good read.

Yes I have to blog more but as you say the crazy just gets in the way too much. It's not like I have nothing to work on either I literally have about 6 posts all partially completed but you know my ADD makes me just start a whole new thing before I've finished the last...

Seriously though Izz I'm sooooooooo proud of you!

borly said...

Congratulations, Izzy! It was only time before the industry would take notice. Sobrang galing! Proud of you! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails