Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring in a Safari Jacket

Yves Saint Laurent introduced the safari jacket in the 1960s, and today, the belted, pocketed jacket is a classic. I think I want one for Spring; the cinched waist will allow me to wear it with more relaxed pleated pants, and the abundance of pockets will afford me the luxury of going bag-less.

Yves Saint Laurent in his iconic jacket, in what looks like beige twill on the top left and bottom right, and white linen on the top right; a model in a provocative lace-front version on the bottom left.

I'm particularly fixated on this safari jacket in buttery light yellow beige, from YSL, no less:

The color is perfect: neutral but bright enough to keep it from being boring. The jacket is also cut slim, and would look great belted or not.

The zippers add a touch of modernity

and the belt cinches the silhouette in at the smallest part of the waist (at least on mine), so you can keep everything else loose and lazy.

all the rest via Mr. Porter

2 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

now this is my sort of jacket. got it all going on. i remember doing about the ysl safari style in one of my first design history lessons at college when i was much younger

sewa mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for the information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails