Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Peek into Parsons



I had the privilege of touring the Parsons fashion school campus when I was in New York, courtesy of my friend Iyam, who studies there.

Iyam, looking chic in vintage camel hair. Apologies, my only (stolen) shot of you was blurry!

Located in the heart of New York City, The Parsons School of Fashion is housed in a very compact campus, all the better to concentrate those creative juices.

elevator and sewing machines - I wonder if I would ever acquire the manual dexterity to successfully operate one of the latter!

dress forms and mannequin legs

signs on the wall

Here's what I wore to Parsons and to the Patrik Ervell show later that day:

Comme des Garcons puffy jacket, H&M sweater, DIY whistle necklace, Cheap Monday jeans, Topman gloves, B. Store boots

Strolling about Fifth Avenue, I stepped into H&M to get a pair of long johns to help warm up my freezing lower limbs. There wasn't any long underwear in sight, but I did walk away with the pair of velvet loafers I had been looking for.

H&M embroidered velvet loafers

2 comments:

Dru said...

Hi, do you mind if I ask for your e-mail. I would like to ask you a few questions. It's for my thesis research on blogging. Thanks in advanced.

andrew_dacay@yahoo.co.uk

Kasper said...

Looking for those velvet slippers myself, they're so cool!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails