Tuesday, March 23, 2010

of silly sweats and chain-strap bags

Finnish designer Fernando Korpi may not be the designer to produce the most cohesive of collections, but two things he did for Fall/Winter 2010-2011 I found quite groundbreaking or at the very least, innovative.

Silly takes on sweats:

trompe l'oeil and color-blocked

I'd wear the bottoms rolled-up (yes, how predictable) with a gauzy white shirt and tan huaraches for spring/summer.

Moose and monsters in an all-over print. I'd wear this sweat suit with embroidered velvet slippers to infuse a little worldly-old-man into the childlike ensemble.

Chain-strap bags:
I can't say I've ever seen chain straps on men's bags.

I was surprised to see how the chain handles on this briefcase looked more industrial masculine than knock-off Chanel. I'd love to see more chain hardware on men's leather goods.

2 comments:

The Velvet Scientist said...

I was actually considering doing a post about Korpi, if only for the sweats... I LOVE the sweats.

x

stylestalker said...

Such awesome tracksuits!

http://stylestalkerdotcom.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails