Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Working during the holidays + the pomp


vintage bowtie from Harajuku, Zara shirt, vintage Dior belt, tailor-made pants, Comme des Garcons briefcase, penny loafers from Don Quijote

Sometimes you come up with an entire outfit for the sole purpose of wearing one particular piece, case in point: this vintage skinny bow tie I got in Harajuku.  Shamefully, I think one of the reasons I bought it is that I thought it had some sort of a Chuck Bass vibe.


And I tried to do my own version of the pompadour today (seen in photo above), which I have yet to perfect.  Inspired by Keegan Singh's 'do which I blogged about months ago, I tried to make the style work for me by cutting the sides and back much closer and making the pomp go slightly to the sides as opposed to straight up.  I still have to grow it out even more to achieve the same height and bounce as Keegan's.

the Keegan pomp

Yes BJ, I think the pompadour can be considered a growing trend now, with Keegan Singh, Chace Crawford, the Dazed and Confused guy, Geoff Eigenmann, you, and numerous guys on the Sartorialist all sporting the look.  (Readers, see the post I'm referring to.)  Despite the recession, I project future growth in the sales of hair dryers and roller brushes, with most of the purchases being made by men!

9 comments:

fred said...

love tie!
:D

Emma Homestay Bandar Tasik Puteri said...

Fine and Dandyyyyy! I really love your tailored pantS! where did you get them?
anyway My hair totally cannot stand by itself thanks to its waviness.hahaha

Izzy said...

naboonies: From my tailor, Mang Jun. My hair doesn't stand on its own either! This took lots of pulling and blow drying and hair spray. :)

Susanna-Cole King said...

Hey, just wanted to drop by and wish you a happy holiday season with this card I made for you, I can’t attach it, so here’s the link:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3109/izzyrw9.png

xoxo,
S-C

Anonymous said...

lookin great! the bow tie looks amazing. um wait, penny loafers from don quijano? as in my alterego's former name? didn't know there was such brand hehe :D

Izzy said...

wax: LOL I made the stupidest mistake!!! They're from Don Quijote, a discount store in Tokyo, not Don Quijano. Hahaha im changing it now.

chauss said...

looking good, my friend. nothing wrong with chuck bass clothing vibe imo...

fred said...

I hate my hair...
Merry Xmas!

n said...

pic3: great outfit. love

Related Posts with Thumbnails