Tuesday, November 24, 2009

H&M Spring 2010 + Black Friday Sales

Devoid of Topman, a wider selection of Zara, and Uniqlo (never had that in the Philippines, though), I have H&M as my sole source for fast fashion.

H&M Spring 2010 (collage by ModeMan)

For Spring 2010, H&M turns the crazy dial up a few notches (always a good thing in my book) with both subtle and glaring references to western wear and the Far East, and a healthy dose of proportion play. Here are a handful of looks from the collection that I really responded to.

I really like the double-scarf here, I wonder if they'd be sold together or separately. The fuchsia degrade reminds me a lot of Robert Geller.

Never mind the blah scarf and trousers, there is a seriously interesting print going on in that jacket; I wish I could take a closer look.

The skirt in this look strikes me as neither overdone nor annoyingly feminine. Somehow it helps that the model has a tiny, tiny waist.

In my favorite look of the bunch, H&M's genius stylist pairs a feather-print t-shirt with a long button-down shirt worn as a coat, and finishes the look off with the most delightful orthopedic sandals. I will seriously consider working this combo of super-light coat+khakis+chunky sandals next summer.

The t-shirt-cut knit sweater never looked so cool. I think the proliferation of short-sleeve blazers in the past few months helped me warm up to this silhouette. And cuffed pants+ankle boots always get The Dandy Project seal of approval.

A mandarin-collar cream suede fringe jacket for those days when you feel like being annoyingly cute, or acutely annoying.

A leather jacket so handsome it's making me consider injecting some brown into my wardrobe. I just hope it's real leather.

That cloud/sponge-painted print on the left side of the blazer really intrigues me. (Oh, and writing this commentary just got the DIY wheels in my brain turning. Stay tuned!)

For those of you brave enough to plough through the Black Friday sales, H&M has some pretty neat things going on:

H&M in NYC (photo from here)

H&M Friday Store Hours:
Most H&M stores will open at 6am; some will open as early as 5am

H&M Black Friday Specials:
25% off any item of your choice from opening until 10AM
Fashion finds starting at $5
Select outerwear styles at 50% percent off

I'll probably be home then, sleeping the day off. Let me know what you guys get!

4 comments:

Isabel said...

Yay, you're back!! I'd love to see a man skirt worn by a non-model. I'm sure I would be pleasantly surprised.

EJ said...

I went into H&M recently (-h, their menswear really is better than their womenswear, but gems can be found) and was pleasantly surprised by some of their men's bags- real leather, gorgeous design but ever so slightly out of my price range. Hopefully they will use the same leather for that brown jacket.

Also, 5am openings? I am clearly not hardcore enough for serious shopping.

John Bernal said...

Wow they're selling skirts for men?! How great! Menswear is really taking a huge step forward. I also like the rest of what H&M has to offer this spring. Great post!

leather skirts said...

How great! Menswear is really taking a huge step forward.This is my first time i visit here. I found many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails