Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Perfect Swim Shorts

The perfect swim shorts for me are short, fitted, and nondescript enough to let my fictitious gleaming solid gold Rolex or steel Patek Philippe Nautilus and glistening tan do the talking. Onia makes classic, timeless swimwear that tick all my boxes. My favorite is the Calder, the shortest style with the button closure:

Onia Calder swim shorts in red

My top pick would have to be black,

but the beige could also be a viable option. I appreciate the hidden drawstring waist.

in navy

The subtle floral on this pair appeals to my penchant for prints, but are subtle enough to suit my muted summer mood.

Guys who prefer their swimwear significantly more modest than gogo-length would love the Alek, Onia’s updated board shorts.


The Aleks have the shoelace closure you’d find on typical board shorts, but aren’t as long and loose and skirty as the American beach wear favorite.


Onia swim shorts are available online and at Steven Alan, By George, and American Rag.

photos via Onia

5 comments:

Gregory said...

I definitely like the shorter version too, I want one!!


AnUnrefinedGentleman.Blogspot.com

David Toms said...

I have to say that I am a speedo or a short swimming trunk man. I have never got used to swimming in shorts

Anonymous said...

Trunks all the way - these are great!

http://weathertowear.com/London_men/

Anonymous said...

How about the ones from here? http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/men/shorts

thwany said...

shorter is better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails