Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tech Tux

I'm at my uncle's in Boston for a quick holiday---the one who lives at the Ritz, acts more like a Gen-Yer than a baby boomer, flies to China for medical missions, the one who happens to have a pair of unworn Prada shoes in my size to be freely given away to his most favorite of nephews.

Prada patent leather lace-ups

I was hesitant at first; where was I to wear a pair of rubber-soled, pointy-toed black-tie shoes? But there was something about everything being so not of-the-moment: the patent, the pointy toe, the Prada Linea Rossa stripe at the bottom that made it so refreshing. It's the pair of shoes I'd wear with a hyper-heat-generating tuxedo or a tux made out of Tyvek.

In the late 90s, these brand badges were my holy grail when the red Prada Sport stripes crept a good centimeter and a half up the back of the heel. As tiny dashes today, I could learn to live with them, and even love them.

with my overused and much-loved Prada saffiano and nylon travel bag

What are your new shoe acquisitions?

2 comments:

jordanlines said...

Iz - I love these! SO chic... And sadly confess to owning a pair of Prada Sport sneaks back in the day with a stripe that went all the way up. Oy.

Matthew Spade said...

i can imagine you wearing them, the style doesn't feel so current but since when has that stopped you. i however have retired this style to the back of my cupboard. i have some patent black cuban healed winklepickers somewhere

Related Posts with Thumbnails