Sunday, July 26, 2009

things I designed

I throw around the word "design" rather loosely, by it I mean I pick out the fabric, take it to the tailor, and explain the concept in 100 words or less.

A shirt

I saw the fabric at the store and thought it would make an easy summer shirt. The one blue sleeve was my personal touch. My feelings towards that sleeve differ every time I look at it.

and a pair of pajama pants

Inspired by this post on Buckstyle (and frustrated by the fact that I passed up on those fabulous printed H&M printed pj pants from that shoot), I decided to design my own comfy, easy, pajama pants. I opted for a light navy shirting cotton and a wide waistband in black satin a la boxing shorts.

close-up of the satin elastic waistband

Craftsmanship may not have come out a hundred percent on point, and odd proportions may have made them too low-rise for comfort wear, but that won't stop me from wearing out my own design proudly!

16 comments:

Flora said...

i like them :)

GENETICBOI said...

the shirt looks great, the blue sleeve is a nice (and risky) touch! nothing beats wearing your own design!

Roman Dennis said...

i want some can you make some more i love them both especially the shirt it so different to the thousands of shirts i have in my wardrobe

www.fashionwhastnext.blogspot.com

james v. said...

That sleeve works really well with the pattern that shirt has

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

Love the shirt sleeve and its kiwi-like pattern, especially with the pink (?) flecks towards the hem.

khaz said...

great designs

Style Salvage Steve said...

Good work! Both are great but the shirt is my pick. I think you should publish your 100 word concept explanation alongside the finished pieces.

Izzy said...

flora, quan, the f word, james, khaz: thank you for your kind words. I was beginning to doubt myself on these last two pieces.

miguel: kiwi fruit or bird? haha. yup, the flecks are pink.

steve: thanks for the style salvage seal of approval. I wouldn't want to bore you with the technicalities of my instruction though! Besides, if I do publish it, it'll have to be in Tagalog. :p

Isabel said...

I absolutely love how the shirt turned out! Your DIYS are very inspiring.

hard liquor; soft holes said...

the waistband is very very dries. so obviously i mean that as a compliment.

fuchsiaboy said...

i've been liking the elastic waistband also. all the pants in collection for f/w 09 have elasticized waist. it's just so comfy and casual.

John said...

Nice Nice. Love the shirt. Sleeve works for me. I have always thought boxing/muay-thai shorts/gown were ripe for turning in to luxury basics. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

I love that sleeve!!! It's a detail that elevates the whole thing.
Lately I've stopped experimenting with my own projects and focussed on (re)training my shopping skills. I felt I needed to hone my critical eye before I could trust myself to create.

Anonymous said...

that shirt..... wow. very very nice. ahaha my friend actually did something similar with the pj pants. he took a pair to his tailor, but she refused to work on them. he had to slip in a few extra bills. ahaha


great blog, ton of fun and interesting posts to read!

leila grace
the vain and the bored

Lynn said...

im amazed that you can design and have your clothes made. and you're so talented. i know a good design if i see one but i dont think i have the talent to come up with one!

and yes, im filipino too :)

Jazz said...

This blog is fantastic! I am very much in the same boat where I want to get my own clothes made and this has given me alot of help and inspiration! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails